Effects system

From Tuxepedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The effects system is a now-discarded idea for how techniques could work. The current techniques proposal is outlined on the Techniques page.

Original thread

Random technique generator[edit | edit source]

Original thread

Move lists and techniques[edit | edit source]

Original thread

On Google Drive

Terms[edit | edit source]

Low/Mid/High Chance: An effect's chance of success can be set to:

  • Low = 10% + (10% * user's level/50)
  • Mid = 20% + (20% * user's level/50)
  • High = 30% + (30% * user's level/50)

MAX: Maximum HP.

Targets[edit | edit source]

An effect can target:

  • Self, in other words the one using the technique
  • Opponent, in other words the target of the technique
  • Persistent Self, which means that it affects the one using the technique and any other tuxemon that replace them
  • Persistent Opponent, which means that it affects the target of the technique and any other tuxemon that replace them
  • Battlefield, which just means both Self and Opponent
  • Persistent Battlefield, which just means both Self and Opponent and any other tuxemon that replace them

Persistent effects end after 5 turns. The conditions that were caused by that persistent effect, if any, last as long as they usually do even if the 5 turns is expired.

General[edit | edit source]

  • Charge Up: The technique has no effect this turn. The rest of the technique takes place on the attacker's next turn.
  • Shelter: The technique has no effect this turn, except the attacker cannot be hit by attacks except Area attacks. The rest of the technique takes place on the attacker's next turn.
  • Fast: This technique goes before the other technique, regardless (unless that technique is also Fast).
  • Backlash #: The user takes #/16 of their MAX in damage (unmodified).
  • Disarmed: The target loses its item, and the other creature picks it up if it is not holding an item. Otherwise, it is not accessible until the end of the battle. In any case, all items are returned to their original owner at the end of the battle.
  • Scope: The opponent's stats are revealed.
  • Switched Stats: If this is a melee attack, it targets Dodge (not Armour, as is typical). If this is a ranged attack, it targets Armour (not Dodge).
  • Likely Crit: Increases the chances of a crit by 1/8th for every rank of this effect. (Base crit chance is 1/8).
  • Stall or stop swap-outs, or punish them
  • High critical hit ratio
  • Recoil (Backlash that only occurs on a hit)
  • 1HKO (if not higher level)
  • Change the user’s Type to (a) the target’s Type, (b) this technique’s Type, (c) the Type of the last technique used on the user
  • Go off the target’s Defence (if a Special technique) or the target’s Sp Def (if a Physical technique)
  • Charge Down: Miss a turn after your current turn (cf Charge Up)
  • Auto-Hit: Doesn’t miss
  • Interact with items - stealing, eating your opponent's, etc
  • Target: Own Team (target one or all of your benched creatures)
  • Switch out for another
  • Cure some or all conditions
  • Flurry: Attack multiple times in a row

Ones that affect damage done by the technique[edit | edit source]

  • Area: This technique still does x0.5 damage on a miss.
  • Reliable Damage: This technique does exactly its Power * 100 in damage, unmodified, instead of using the Damage Formula.
  • Proportional Damage: This technique does damage to the enemy equal to #/16 of the enemy's MAX.
  • Proportional Damage (User): This technique does damage to the enemy equal to #/16 of the user's MAX.

Multiattacks[edit | edit source]

  • Multiattack (Random): Do one attack (25% chance), two attacks (50% chance) or four attacks (25% chance).
  • Multiattack #: Do # attacks.
  • Multiattack (Uses): Do # attacks, where # is the number of times in this combat that the technique has already been used.

Conditions[edit | edit source]

See Former condition system for the consequences of having a condition.

Stat Buff and Debuffs[edit | edit source]

Every stat can be increased or decreased by anywhere from x1 to x6. This refers to how many 'steps' up or down the stat moves; see Stats#Temporary stat changes for more.

Healing[edit | edit source]

  • Healing (Reliable): This technique heals the user exactly its Power in damage, unmodified.
  • Healing (Proportional, User) #: This technique heals the user equal to #/16 of the user's MAX.
  • Healing (Proportional, Enemy) #: This technique heals the user equal to #/16 of the enemy's MAX.
  • Contrary Healing: This technique heals the enemy, not the user. (How much it heals is determined by which of the other healing effects the technique has)

Strengths and Weaknesses[edit | edit source]

Techniques can give the user or the target a strength, weakness or immunity towards/against any type.

Expanding the Concept[edit | edit source]

  • “if” statements, e.g. “if target Asleep, user heals 4 MAX” . If enemy attacks this round, X. Otherwise Y. If attack misses, user takes X damage
  • fields, e.g. “user heals DAMAGE DONE BY THIS ATT” or “do 50% of enemy’s CURRENT HP in dmg” or “user heals USER’S CURRENT DAMAGE and enemy takes USER’S CURRENT DAMAGE”)
  • tags, e.g. Aerial (can hit Swooping), Underground (can hit Hibernate), Gaze, Light, Sound (some are immune to conditions/pseudo-c/pro-c from Sound techniques, and take half damage from them), etc
  • have absolute values for resist (Resist 50, Resist 30, Resist .25 * Defence) instead of multipliers
  • Items that remove or add states, conditions, etc.
  • Signature techniques that only one tuxemon family knows

Technique ideas[edit | edit source]

  • Evil Eye: Damage. If you have previously used Glower this combat, do an additional 50% damage.
  • Eruption: The attack occurs as normal in the first round, and then in each of the following four rounds, unless interrupted (e.g. by a miss). Each subsequent attack has double the power of the one before it. Each attack has a 10% chance of imposing the Burn condition.
  • Swallow: The attack occurs as normal in the first round, and then in each of the following four rounds, unless interrupted (e.g. by a miss). Each subsequent attack has double the power of the one before it.
  • Shroud: Increases Evasion by 2 stages
  • Revenge Stance: The next time you are attacked, your enemy takes the same amount of damage that you do. You heal as much damage as you dealt.